Utrecht, Dec 6, 2013
Kemarin, 5 Desember, ulang tahun sinterklaas, yeeay!
Hari yang indah.
Perayaan Sinterklaas disini lebih ke tradisi dibanding religi. Semua anak terlihat antusias merayakannya. Commonly, anak-anak, dirumah atau disekolah akan mendapatkan kado dari sinterklaas yang didalamnya tertera nama penerimanya dan puisi untuk penerimanya. So sweet :)
Children here believe that Sinterklaas does exist. My lectures said that usually the sinterklaas comes to some schools and read the notes of children's behavior. By doing this, sometimes children can reflect their attitudes and behaviors. Children who get a bad note about themselves must be hurt and sad! :D
Then, the sinterklaas gives presents to the students. Of course all of these (the sinterklaas, the presents, the poem, and the notes) have been organized by the teachers and the parents. But seeing their children enthusiastic and cheerful is parent's happiness :)
Today, after the class with one of our lecture, she invites us to feel the atmosphere of this celebration. She and my other lecture serve cookies. Then, we sing together, and they tell us about their experience and Dutch story about the Sinterklass and Zwaarte Piets*. And of course we get a poem from sinterklaas. What an awesome and a so sweet poem! :)
Dear students,
My birthday is the 5th of December every year,
so you will have a small party here.
A big welcome from my servant Pieterbaas*,
and from me, the old bishop St Nicholas.
I am not Dutch as you might have thought.
No I am from Spain, I am also from abroad.
I do not speak Bahasa at all, I am sorry.
But I do speak English, so please don't worry.
I will tell you the story why I became a special Saint,
and why the Sinterklaas party always remained.
I am a friend of children, yes, for them all.
No matter how big, no matter how small.
A long time ago three young girls were very poor,
and that made them unhappy it made unsure.
They wanted to marry and their future looked sunny,
but there was a problem, they had no money.
I, St Nicholas read the sad story in a report,
and I started thinking how to support.
One night I threw three pieces of gold through their window,
and these fell into their shoes just down below.
The girls found the gold and ever since then,
I treat the children on my birthday each year again.
They put their shoes near the heating system at night,
and sing a song for me, oh what a delight.
Next morning o how very pleasant.
They will find a nice, little present.
So this is my story and now you know why.
I will always come back and I'll never die.
Whatever your Dutch experience may be,
We hope your memories will be happy.
Within a few weeks you are going to
your friendly homeland that is waiting for you.
You'll be back home in the warmth of the mountains or the sea,
happily together with your friends and your family.
I wish you good luck for now and forever.
And please do not forget me, no never.
Sint and Piet
Our lecture read it for us, and I feel like it is from her heart. How sweet :)
We'll leave soon :(. All of these moments, place, people.. I love them all.
*zwarte piets or Pieterbaas are Sinterklaas' servant.
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar